At Painless, we're firm believers in the power of human connection. Pain, in all its complexity, is not just a solitary experience—it's a shared narrative. That's why we're seeking a Social Worker who, like us, understands that the story of pain is more than just a medical journey—it's a deeply human one.
Location: Remote and/or in-person options available.
Hours: Flexible, with a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week.
We focus not only on alleviating pain but also on understanding, engaging with, and viewing it as an opportunity for resilience and personal growth.
As a Social Worker within our team, you're a confidante and a navigator in the journey of our patients. You'll join a diverse, dedicated team committed to transforming the way we understand and respond to pain, building bridges between the clinical world and the human narrative.
In Your Role, You Will
- Support Patient Journeys: Be a trusted ally for our patients, providing them with resources, guidance, and advocacy as they navigate their pain journeys.
- Cultivate Understanding: Help us to deepen our understanding of the social and emotional aspects of pain by bringing your unique perspectives and insights to our interdisciplinary team.
- Promote Communication: Foster open dialogue between patients, families, and our team, ensuring that every voice is heard and respected.
- Collaborate and Learn: Work closely with our interdisciplinary team, joining us in expanding our knowledge, and reimagining the narrative of pain.
Who You Are
- You are a licensed Social Worker, holding a bachelor's or master's degree in social work from an accredited university and registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- You appreciate the interplay between physical health and social, emotional, and environmental factors.
- You possess a passion for holistic, patient-centred care and an innate empathy and an unwavering commitment to supporting individuals in their most challenging times.
- You're a natural collaborator, you thrive in team settings and value the perspectives of others.
- You're eager to learn, to share, and to contribute to an environment that values mutual growth and understanding.
What We Offer
- A Community of Care: At Painless, you're joining a team united by empathy, respect, and a shared commitment to understanding pain.
- Continued Growth: We provide opportunities for professional development and learning, keeping you abreast of the latest developments in pain science, social work, and patient care.
- An Empathetic Culture: We foster an environment where compassion and understanding are not just values—they're at the heart of what we do.
In the narrative of pain, you could play a vital role—one of understanding, compassion, and advocacy. If you're ready to make a tangible difference in the lives of those grappling with pain, we'd love to meet you.